DISC Assessment Tool
The DISC Assessment tool has the distinct advantage of its simplicity, leveraging the latest and most advanced assessment processes.
DISC ADVANCED® is a profile tool for measuring the person’s behavioural style.
The assessment provides the following information:
- Behavioural style overview including what is “natural” to the person and what type of “adjustment” they feel they need to make in the current workplace
- A behavioural chart showing where the person sits and how they compare to others
- Behavioural style overview including workplace predispositions – attributes describing the person and workplace motivators & needs
- Strengths and development areas
- Insight into how others perceive the person, reaction modes under pressure and in conflict, and communication style
The report also has an advanced section providing an Advanced Interrelated Behavioural Analysis. This provides a significantly more comprehensive understanding of someone’s complete behavioural style and is a dramatic improvement that provides a much deeper understanding of human behaviour.
There are also insights to an array of “what now” tools and tips including:
- Tips for others on how to communicate with the person
- Strategies to reduce conflict and increase harmony
- Action Plan – worksheets, which enable the subject to create desired change
- An overview of the various styles
- How to identify another person’s behavioural style
- How to adapt to the various styles
- How to communicate with the various styles
- Conversation starters that can be very useful when reviewing the assessment results
The DISC Model
DISC is a four-quadrant model that describes the different types of behaviours we all exhibit in our workplaces due to the pace and pressures under which we operate.
DISC provides an insight to one’s behavioural style as well as what this may mean as an optimal way to engage with clients, key stakeholders, peers, and team members. Of course, there is always the opportunity to translate this into one’s personal relationships outside work.
The DISC Assessment tool profiles one based upon how they are aligned against the core behavioural traits of:
- Dominance (control, results, fast decisioning, assertiveness)
- Influence (optimism, sociability, gregariousness)
- Steadiness (enjoys low risk, patient, stability, loyal)
- Compliance (perfectionist, likes rules & procedures, precise)
Some of the most common applications for DISC ADVANCED® assessments in organisations worldwide are:
- Leadership Development
- Organisational Development
- Team Building
- Communication and Interaction skills training
- Sales Training
- Internal Promotion Selection/Development
- Succession Planning
- Customer Service Training
- Conflict Resolution
and of course, simply getting the best from your most expensive resource – your Human Resources.
Using the DISC Assessment Tool
In addition to the Individual assessment there are targeted assessments to support the recruitment and development of your people.
The DISC ADVANCED® Leadership Assessment provides all the information in the Individual Assessment plus a large array of effective leadership techniques including:
- Building and Maintaining Rapport / Productivity
- Developing Your People
- Adapting Your Communication Style
- Helping People Reach Decisions
- Motivating Your People
- Complimenting Your People
- Counselling Your People
- Correcting Your People
- Delegating to Your People
- Acknowledging Your People
- Adapting Your Leadership Style
There is no single effective selling style. Regardless of how good someone’s sales record is, it will significantly improve if they know how to sell to different types of people.
Helping to understand what motivates people to buy and identifying options for effectively selling to different styles, the DISC ADVANCED® Sales Assessment teaches powerful skills that assist people in becoming more successful salespeople.
The DISC ADVANCED® Sales Assessment provides all the information in the DISC ADVANCED® Individual Assessment plus a large array of effective sales techniques including:
- Building rapport during initial contact
- Maintaining rapport in the exploring stage
- Maintaining rapport in the collaborating stage
- Maintaining rapport in the confirming stage
- Maintaining rapport in the assuring stage
The Pair Assessment is a very powerful tool, which combines the results of two individuals into one report. It identifies the styles of individuals, how the styles complement one another and where the behaviour gaps exist.
The Assessment helps you clearly see the strengths and weaknesses of the working style of two individuals. It’s designed to help two people take action that will have a positive and informed impact on their performance.
Some practical ways businesses have used the DISC ADVANCED® Pair Assessment:
- Job share pair
- Project pair
- A Director/Partner and PA
- Incoming Director/Partner to existing Director/Partner
- Peer to peer
- Mentor to protégé
- Potential employee and manager
- Conflict situations between two team members
The Team Assessment is a powerful tool that provides a clear, easy-to-use framework to understand complex issues quickly, to solve problems and to improve performance. It also presents a safe environment to discuss challenging topics productively.
The Team Assessment combines the findings of the Individual Assessment results of your team into one report. It shows the team dynamics, the strengths and development areas of the team, and how the team members are adjusting their behaviours in the existing work environment.
Some popular applications of this tool include:
- Team development
- Strategic decision making
- Leadership development
- Organisational development
- Turnover reduction
- Conflict resolution
- Succession planning.
Need more information?
Contact Beacham HR Consulting to find out how the DISC Assessment Tool can be a pivotal part of your company’s HR success.
"*" indicates required fields